Upcoming Appearances by Sarah Susanka
April 5, 2017
The Not So Big House
Public Lecture and Sustainability Cafe
Ethics Institute at Dartmouth College
27 N. Main Street
For more information, email Diane Belback or call 603-646-1263
July 14-16, 2017
Continuing the Not So Big Life Journey Workshop
The Friday Center
Chapel Hill, NC
More details to come.
August 31-September 2 , 2017
Duke Integrative Medicine
Open to all.
More details to come.
Weeks, even months later, patients and families were still talking about Sarah. Her message not only inspired people for the moment, but she left a mark on their hearts, and motivation to face each day no matter what the circumstances. I can honestly say she changed lives in Fort Collins.
Director, Oncology Services
Poudre Valley Hospital
As a speaker, Sarah
Susanka is gifted in the way she provides simple, easy to understand
solutions to complex design challenges. She took us on a journey through the world of architecture
and made us all believers that the world would indeed be better if not
Director, Solar Decathlon
U.S. Department of Energy
Sarah's presentation captured the attendees' imagination and transported them to new ways of thinking about their lifestyle choices, their community and their world. Her interaction with attendees at her book signing and throughout the event showed her dedication and commitment to the conference goers.
Some Past Presentation Venues and Sponsors
- U.S. Department of Energy
- National Association of Homebuilders
- National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Housing Leadership Summit
- Marvin Windows & Doors
- Johnson & Johnson
- Herman Miller
- United States Environmental Protection Agency
- Congress for the New Urbanism
- Habitat for Humanity
- Congress of Residential Architects
- American Institute of Architects
- TEDx San Diego
- Duncan Littlefair
- Pacific Coast Builder's Conference
- Brigham Young University
- Duke University Nicholas School of the Environment
- Duke Integrative Medicine
- Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health
- Omega Institute
Sample Keynote Topics
Sarah Susanka is an engaging and dynamic speaker who customizes each of her talks according to the audience and host's needs. Below are a few samples of her most popular keynote titles. Many of these can also be made into full and half-day workshops.
- Not So Big: The First Step in Sustainability
- The Not So Big Life: A Personal Approach to Sustainability
- The Not So Big House: A Blueprint for the Way We Really Live
- Not So Big Remodeling: Tailoring Your Home for the Way You Really Live
- Not So Big Community: A Vision for Our Collective Future
- Home By Design: The Language of the Not So Big House
These talks includes such topics as:
- The meaning of "Not So Big"
- Making the most of your budget
- What's needed to right size our homes
- The three Not So Big Remodeling strategies
- Some Not So Big (and not so expensive) moves to personalize any home
- Aging in Place
- Remodeling your own life
- Not So Big living
- Finding time in a too busy life
- Pursuing what we love
To schedule an event with Sarah Susanka, please fill out
and submit the Appearance Inquiry Form.
We will be in touch shortly once we receive your inquiry. For all other
questions about speaking engagements, please contact Suzanne Herrick.
To schedule a media interview with Sarah Susanka, go to the Media Center. For all other inquiries, go to Contact Information.